- This event has passed.
East Coast Industry Forum 2018
October 12 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm$95.00
As products have become more sophisticated, so have production processes. Factories have become centers for advanced technologies, digital solutions and high-tech informatics. As a result manufacturers face the need for a new generation of specialized technicians with the skills and savvy to work effectively in today’s “smart” factories.
New and better ways must be developed to train young people to meet the demands of advanced manufacturing. The German Dual System will be assessed on how it can complement existing training programs and become a value-added tool to improve skills development, product quality and a stronger economy in Connecticut. This model has already been implemented throughout the U.S. with successful results.
The East Coast Industry Forum will be a platform for representatives of business, government and education in Connecticut to come together to discuss and assess these new manufacturing development strategies.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Tracy Ariel, Executive Director, Tunxis Community College
- Dr. Christine Benz, Training & Development Manager, Trumpf, Inc.
- Andrea Comer, Vice President, Workforce Strategies, Connecticut Business & Industry Association
- Chris Dimou, President, Roto Frank of America
- Frank Gulluni, Director Emeritus, Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center
- Peter Hoecklin, President & CEO, Trumpf, Inc.
- Dannel P. Malloy, Governor of Connecticut
- Nicole Menzenbach, Counsel General, German Consulate General, Boston
- Dietmar Rieg, CEO & President, German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Kurt Westby, Labor Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Labor
- Nancy Wheeler, Senior Vice President, Executive Director Investor Relations, MetroHartford Alliance
- Dr. Lyle Wray, Executive Director, Capitol Region Council of Government
Please find further information here.