Business Communications & Development Student-Internship
German Higher Education Bridge | Hochschule Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
German Higher Education Bridge (GHEB) is the North American study center of Fresenius University of Applied Sciences, one of Germany’s largest private universities. Our office is based out of New York City and we oversee communications and business development in North America. In addition to this, we manage the study abroad programs in the region which include semester-study abroad, summer programs, and short-term intensive workshops. We also facilitate internships for our students in the United States.
Scope of Work
The Business Communications & Development Intern will support a range of activities related to building GHEB’s base of corporate partnership in our region as well as supporting the study abroad program events. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Support study abroad culture and orientation week activities as well as other events GHEB organizes
- Create marketing and press visibility by writing blog posts / press releases
- Develop content for online and social media platforms
- Represent Hochschule Fresenius at student fairs when applicable
- Work with alumni and corporate relations to identify prospective partners
- Build portfolio of business contacts at key corporations that could serve as internship points of contacts for our students
- Schedule and coordinate face-to-face meetings with businesses to discuss potential partnerships and sponsorships
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be enrolled in a study program (internship may be utilized towards study credits)
- Interest in international higher education management
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as excellent communications skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Excel proficiency is required)
- Self-starter personality with a passion to build a network
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and desire to take on additional responsibilities as opportunities and needs arise
Hours Approximately 30 hrs a week with flexible scheduling (May require some evenings)
Salary Unpaid internship. However, GHEB will pay for a monthly unlimited MetroCard.
Health Insurance No health insurance provided please have student insurance.
Application Email your CV or Resume (in PDF format) and a short motivation cover letter to Priya.Nayar@HS-Fresenius.de
Please mention the period of internship (12 weeks, 6 months, etc) that you could be available for.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.