Spend a Semester in Germany!
Please submit your application by CLICKING HERE
*Please complete the application in one session.
- Elana Zolfo, Dean, Larry L. Luing School of Business at Berkeley College
- Priya Nayar, Director, Hochschule Fresenius University of Applied Sciences, New York
- Berkeley College Student Acknowledgement and Release [Updated Document Pending]
- Financial Aid
- 2018 Financial Aid Form [Updated Document Pending]
- Photo / Video / Media Release
- Health Insurance Information [Please take a passport photo to include in the document – this cannot be electronic]
Travel to Germany
Hochschule Fresenius and Berkeley College will organize your travel through STA Travel.
Please check the following guidelines for your Visa Requirements. If you are planning on staying in Germany for 90 days (or less) your entry with a United States passport should be fine. Visa Process in Germany for US Passport Holders
In Germany – U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt
Giessener Str. 30, 60435 Frankfurt am Main, Federal Republic of Germany
Telephone: +(49) (69) 7535-2100 (routine calls, 2-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, except on U.S. and German holidays, and the last Thursday of each month.)
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(49) (69) 7535-0
Fax: +(49) (69) 7535-2252
Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, and Citizenship: FrankfurtPassports@state.gov All other questions: GermanyACS@state.gov
All students traveling through STA Travel will receive the ISIC card. Please read about it’s benefits.
- September High 68° / Low 49° with average 9 rainy days in the month
- October High 59° / Low 44° with average 9 rainy days in the month
- November High 49° / Low 37° with average 11 rainy days in the month
- December High 43° / Low 33° with average 12 rainy days in the month
- US State Department’s Travel Page for Germany
- International Religious Freedom Report on Germany
- Cologne Tourism
- #visitkoeln Blog of Cologne Tourism
To organize accommodation, please contact Ms. Lisa Barlage, Country Manager, Sublet4U, who is our preferred partner to organize short-term furnished housing for students. Lisa has herself studied at Hochschule Fresenius and spent a semester at Berkeley College. She brings her international experience of having studied and lived in Shanghai, New York and of course Cologne, Germany.
All students in the 2018 cohort are staying in a shared 3-Bedroom apartment at the following address:
Gaussstrasse 34, 51063 Köln [35 mins by train to campus] *September 10, 2018 Check-In between 15:00-20:00 and Check-Out December 10 before 11:00 AM
“The area ‘Mühlheim’ in Cologne is getting more and more popular with students and young people and it has a very international flair. With line 3/4 the students would reach the center really fast, and 30 min is the average commuting time here…”
There are several options to get to Hochschule Fresenius Mediapark campus:
1. Go to U-Bahn Station „Stegerwaldsiedlung“, take the 3 or 4 line (direction Bocklemünd) until station “Bf Deutz, Messe, Lanxess Arena “, change to S-Bahn (green S sign) and take line S6 (Köln Worringen) ,S11 (Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal), S12 (Horrem) or S13 (Düren) until station „Hansaring“, walk 5 minutes to Mediapark.
2. Go to U-Bahn Station „Stegerwaldsiedlung“, take the 3 or 4 (Bocklemünd) line until station „Friesenplatz“, change to line 12 (Köln Merkenich) or 15 (Köln Chorweiler) until station „ChristophStr./Mediapark“ and walk 5 minutes to Mediapark.
3. Go to Street: Auenweg, Köln Mühlheim., take bus 250 to Bf Deutz/Messeplatz, walk to the train station Deutz and take S-line S6 (Köln Worringen) ,S11 (Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal), S12 (Horrem) or S13 (Düren) until station „Hansaring“, walk 5 minutes to Mediapark.
4. Walk to S-line station Köln Buchforst (20 minutes walk) and take S6 (Köln Worringen) or S11 (Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal) to the station „Hansaring“, walk 5 minutes to Mediapark.
Orientation + Courses in Germany
You will take 4 required courses + 1 recommended German language course:
- Intercultural Competence
- Kristina Bormann; Tuesdays, 1:15pm-4:20pm (until December 4th + final academic paper)
- HSF IBM 6.3_Intercultural Competence_PO2018
- International Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Sophia Akushie-Wittmann; Fridays, 9:20am-2:45pm (until October 26th + exam beginning/mid November)
- HSF IBM 6.5_International Business Ethics and Sustainability_PO 2018
- Management Game
- Entrepreneurial Knowledge and Business Plan
- Management Game – Barbara Lier; Wednesdays, 9:20am-4:20pm (until October 24th + final project paper)
- Entrepreneurial Knowledge + Business Plan – tbd (until Calendar Week 43 + project paper + together with Management Game)
- HSF IBM 6.6_Management Game_Business Plan_PO 2018
- Current Affairs in Global Business
- online (details to be shared in Cologne)
- HSF IBM 6.4_Current Affairs in Global Business_PO2018
- Networking, Political Skills and Personal Branding [for marketing major students instead of HSF IBM 6.4]
- Academic Writing [recommended]
- German Language [recommended]
- Beate Wenzel
Cologne Sightseeing Cruise
Saturday September 15th, 2018 10:30am Departure. Enjoy a one-hour panoramic Rhine River sightseeing cruise and soak in the spirit of Cologne. The Rhine River provides access to many of the city’s major attractions, such as Cologne Cathedral, and during your cruise, you’ll see top sights and learn about Cologne’s 2,000-year history from the onboard audio commentary.
While cruising down the Rhine River — Germany’s second-largest — pass some of Cologne’s top attractions, like Cologne Cathedral and the Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke), where couples traditionally leave padlocks as a token of their love to one another. See other favorite sights such as Cologne’s historic old town and the Cologne Chocolate Museum. Your comfortable sightseeing boat features a spacious sun deck and bar with beverages available for purchase. Admire the city skyline of Cologne while enjoying a freshly tapped glass of Koelsch, the famous local beer (own expense). Learn about Cologne’s interesting 2,000-year history from the informative, onboard audio commentary, and hear interesting stories about Germany’s fourth-largest city.
Fresenius University of Applied Sciences has organized a Buddy Program for each Berkeley College student in the Study Abroad program. You will be introduced to your ‘buddy’ once the regular semester begins towards the end of September. Activity to be finalized.
Hochschule Fresenius Day-Visit
Fresenius University of Applied Sciences invites you to visit a city close to our campus for a day trip. Your travel will be complimentary and all activities that we organize will be at no-cost to you.
- Hochschule Fresenius University of Applied Sciences and Berkeley College have organized an institutional partnership. Each student will be required to pay their regular semester fees to Berkeley College. Through our cooperation, your flights and accommodation will be organized by Berkeley College. Your tuition at Hochschule Fresenius will include a train ticket for the semester that will allow you to commute on the efficient subway system.
- All students need to have met with a Financial Aid officer to understand your unique financial aid needs – Click Here to see the draft of the form you will fill out.
Fall 2018 Cohort
- Ms. Rebeca Gaytan Campillo
- Ms. Alejandra Guevara
- Ms. Erika Leon
- Mr. Brayan Lopez-Sanchez
- Ms. Diana Rodriguez