Monday July 30th to Friday August 17th 2018
Join Hochschule Fresenius in New York City for a summer program focusing on Business English and TOEFL Prep with exciting cultural programs and company visits!
Highlight of the English Summer Weeks Program:
- Learn from distinguished Pace University Business Professors at Pace University’s Downtown Campus
- Learn about American Business Culture and compare it with your experience in Germany
- Visit a Company like SAP or a Start-Up Incubator or others (the company visit will be finalized closer to the date)
- The program includes the paper TOEFL test which gives you thorough practice to take the official test. You have the chance to take the Official TOEFL Test (register directly on TOEFL’s website)
- Monday July 30, 2018 First Day of Class
- 8.45am Meet Brian Hickey, Director of Pace University’s English Language Institute in front of the Residence Hall
- 9.00am to 10.00am Orientation, Pace ID Cards, Room E305
- 10.00am to 1.00pm Business English Class, Ken Raphael, Instructor, Room E305
- 1.00pm to 1.30pm Lunch Break
- 1.30pm to 3.30pm Business English Class, Ken Raphael, Instructor, Room E305
- 4.00pm to 5.30pm Tour of Pace University’s Downtown Campus and downtown Manhattan – join Brian Hickey, Director of Pace University’s English Language Institute after your first day on a walking tour of the area.
- 6.00pm onwards One World Observatory
- Brian Hickey, Director of Pace University’s English Language Institute will bring you to the 9/11 memorial and then you can go up the observatory and spend as much time as you like enjoying the views. The group ticket is a timed entrance for 6pm.
- All students have been registered.
- Thursday August 2, 2018 at 3.00pm SAP Next-Gen
- All students have been registered for the company visit. Please meet at 10 Hudson Yards inside the building. Take the escalator up to the reception area where there is a waiting area to the right.
- Join Brian Hickey, Director of Pace University’s English Language Institute to take a tour of SAP’s Headquarters in the famous Hudson Yards area of Manhattan.
- Thursday August 9, 2018 at 7.00pm Yankee Game
- All students have been registered for the game. If you cannot make it on August 9th at 7.00pm please let me know asap!
- Join Brian Hickey, Director of Pace University’s English Language Institute for a ball game at the famous Yankee Stadium
- Friday August 17, 2018 at 2.00pm Columbia University Tour
- Historical Tour – no need to register as all students have been registered for this already
- Enter Columbia University campus on 116th Street and Broadway. Meeting point will be at 1.55pm in Room 213 at Low Library. The tour will be about 1 hour.
Optional suggestions for you to do on your own!
- Take a Harvard University Campus Tour and visit Boston
- Visit the Beaches in the Hamptons and/or the North Fork Wine Region
- Visit the White House in Washington DC (prepare this in advance)
- Visit the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC (prepare this in advance)