Title: CET Marketing Intern
Status: Part-time; 25-28 hours/week in the summer and 10-15 hours in the fall/spring
Job location: Washington, DC
Application deadline: March 31
Start Date: Mid-April
Supervisor: Shelley Jessee, Director of Marketing
Description of the Organization
CET Academic Programs is a study abroad organization that has been developing and delivering innovative educational programs abroad since 1982. Originally “China Educational Tours,” CET began operations in Beijing, and today offers a varied portfolio of semester, summer, and short-term customized programs for college, high school, pre-college, and gap year students around the world. Known for strong academics, professional program management, and supportive student services, CET strives to integrate students into their host communities, adopt environmentally conscientious practices, and promote diversity and inclusion across all programs.
Description of the Position
CET seeks a marketing intern to assist with both print and digital campaigns and production. Interns will primarily assist with CET’s student correspondent program; help manage CET’s social media accounts; curate content for email campaigns; and create print flyers. Summer interns will spend a higher percentage of their time assisting with printed materials. The ideal candidate will have experience in digital marketing, graphic design, communications, or other appropriate area.
Internships at CET provide an opportunity for hands-on experience in the field of study abroad and to learn from a staff of dedicated professionals. Interns will get a behind the scenes view of how study abroad programs operate from a provider perspective. In addition to assisting the marketing team, interns will gain knowledge of office operations, international program administration, and database management. Aspects of the internship are customizable so that interns can focus on areas of the field that are of particular interest to them. Creativity through self-driven projects is highly encouraged. Drawing on individual skill sets and interests, interns will work with a CET staff member to outline internship goals, professional development opportunities and provide mentorship.
Internships are for a minimum of 3 months. Pending availability and exemplary work, interns may continue for a longer term and should indicate the length of tenure interested in their cover letter.
Marketing, Program Development, and Promotion
- Help with the implementation of CET’s social media strategy across a variety of platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Post student blogs on the CET website and assist with general upkeep of CET’s Student Correspondent Program.
- Make text and photo web updates on CET’s website as directed.
- Create, update and edit flyers and promotional materials for institutions using existing templates on Adobe InDesign.
- Distribute CET print materials to Campus Relations Managers, study abroad offices and faculty.
- Maintain and improve CET’s electronic image library.
- Assist in maintaining program listings on study abroad directories.
- Assist with special projects based on regional knowledge or specific expertise.
Student Support and Services
- Monitor the CET email accounts
- Answer CET phone lines and direct calls to appropriate staff
Office Management and Staff Support
- Serve as a representative of CET and ATA, welcoming guests and visitors
- Sort and distribute the mail
- Assist staff in other departments with projects, as needed
- Degree-seeking student or recent graduate with a degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or other appropriate area.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and WordPress CMS
- Strong eye for design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone demeanor
- Strong time management skills; ability to set and manage conflicting priorities, work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and complete multiple projects under time constraints
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with students of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to take initiative and use good judgement when solving problems
- Patience, flexibility, positive attitude and a sense of humor
The salary for this position is $14.00/hour.
Our company is committed to diversity, and we work hard to maintain a welcoming, non-discriminatory office culture. We welcome qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply to our openings. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This position is for employment within the United States. Please note that our company does not sponsor U.S. employment visas.
Qualified candidates should submit the following:
- Formal cover letter that outlines the position to which you are applying (CET Marketing Intern), your qualifications and experience, and where you first heard about the position and length of tenure interested.
- List of three references.
- Link to online portfolio. (optional)
Applications missing any of these components will not be considered.