Each semester/summer Diversity Abroad offers the opportunity for graduate students interested in international education and cultural exchange to pursue a remote practicum with the organization. Individuals will receive a stipend for their contributions.
Projects will range from conducting research in global education, creating resources for the Diversity Abroad community, and developing strategies to amplify the organization’s impact.
Past projects have included:
- Contributing to Diversity Abroad’s Good Practices Series that highlight inclusive practices from higher education institutions, international education organization and other stakeholders from the Diversity Abroad Community.
- Creating a Study Abroad Advising Guide
- Hosting a Diversity Abroad Community Discussion
- Developing a survey for study abroad students and Minority Serving Institutions
As a graduate intern, you will gain insight into a social impact organization and work with leaders in the field of international education. Specifically through your semester with Diversity Abroad, you will:
- Contribute a significant project to advance Diversity Abroad’s mission and the work of diversity and inclusion in global education.
- Be assigned a team member as a supervisor/mentor
- Have the opportunity to meet virtually with individual staff and learn about their career paths during the course of your term
- Join a monthly team call if schedule allows
- Credit towards 50% off registration for the 2020 Annual Diversity Abroad Conference
- Stipend of $500/month
- Approximately 20-25 hours
- Individuals may be eligible for academic credit through their institutions.
Learn More by CLICKING HERE
The Application deadline for summer and fall is April 29, 2019.