Internship Business Development Consulting (6 months)
New York, New York
December 1st, 2018
The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (GACC) is looking for a highly motivated intern to support our Business Development Consulting Department in New York City. The intern will not only support the team in daily tasks but will also be more deeply involved in upcoming projects.
The mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the United States. All internships offer the opportunity to gain work experience in a truly bilingual and bicultural environment, with support from colleagues that can help speed the learning curve of understanding intercultural differences and nuances.
- Consulting German companies regarding their US market entry or expansion
- Assistance in the development of market entry strategies
- Handling incoming phone calls in English and German
- Conducting desktop/internet research
- Writing reports and market studies (passion for conducting reports and studies, mostly in German)
- Intensifying contacts with German and American business partners via phone and email
- Support in establishing business partnerships between German and American companies (matchmaking)
- Proposal management
- Support in organizing industry events (incl. venue and speaker acquisition, catering, invitation management)
- Recent graduate or student of Business Administration or related field
- Good understanding of business concepts and experience in conducting market analysis
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong research skills
- Service-oriented personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Strong organizational skills (must be able to handle multiple tasks)
Benefits and Compensation:
$2.150/month ($2.470/month as of Dec. 31st) & J-1 Visa costs (if necessary)
Costs for intern:
- Health insurance
- Costs for living in New York
- Visa costs: SEVIS fee and consulate fee
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your name/Internship Consulting NY” in the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your application until October 15th, 2018.