DAAD is looking for a Communications Officer for the German Center for Research and Innovation
Anticipated starting date: August 1, 2018
The initial contract will be issued for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The Communications Officer will work closely with the Executive Director and Program Manager of GCRI and will be responsible for a variety of marketing and outreach functions. This includes managing PR, developing and maintaining the website, and creating editorial content.
- Fluent in German and English (native English speaker preferred)
- Several years of professional experience in communications, journalism, public relations and/or marketing
- Professional experience with social media (including Twitter)
- Outstanding communications skills (oral, written, interpersonal)
- Self-motivated, organized, exceptional time management, and a strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, experience with web content management systems WordPresss and CRM systems preferred
- Interest in science and research institutions in Germany and in the U.S./Canada
- U.S. citizens or green card holders (we cannot sponsor a visa)
Salary range: USD 59K-66K, plus health and retirement benefits. Paid vacation and sick leave.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Communications Officer GCRI” to:
Application deadline: June 15th, 2018
About GCRI: Under leadership of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), GCRI receives its funding from the German Auswärtiges Amt (German Federal Foreign Office). GCRI New York is one of five German Houses of Science and Innovation (DWIHs) worldwide and is part of the German government’s Strategy for the Internationalization of Science and Research.
GCRI’s primary goals include:
- Presenting Germany to the North American market as a land of research and innovation
- Enhancing the dialogue between academia and industry
- Creating a forum for the initiation and enhancement of transatlantic research projects
- Providing an information platform for the German research and innovation landscape
Feel free to reach out to Ms. Solveig Berkman at berkman(at)daad.org should you have any questions. Please also send your application materials (CV and cover letter) to Ms. Solveig Berkman at the address above.