The Frank J. Guarini Institute for International Education at Dartmouth College is pleased to announce a new position entirely dedicated to monitoring the safety and security of our off-campus programs.
The International Travel Safety & Security Manager (ITSSM) has primary responsibility for monitoring international travel safety and security matters concerning Guarini Institute programs and operations. Under the guidance of the Guarini Institute Executive Director, and working closely with all Guarini Institute staff, campus risk managers and other campus units, the ITSSM will coordinate the ongoing development and review of policies and protocols designed to enhance the safety of undergraduate study away programs and participants. The ITSSM will be responsible for communicating with a variety of constituents about off-campus and overseas health, safety, security, and compliance matters, and for developing and managing resources related to these issues.
• Research and analytical skills as demonstrated by the ability to elicit pertinent quantitative and qualitative data from various sources; identify key factors, trends, and issues; analyze and summarize possible implications, and make recommendations for action.
• Proficiency with various information technologies including database management systems, collaboration tools, web content management, online survey tools, social media, and video technology.
• Ability to make effective oral and written presentations to further health, safety and security goals and to communicate policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team approach, taking initiative to advance projects to completion
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal and financial information
• 5-6 years working within a university/academic or international education or program environment required
• Experience in a study abroad office required.
• Experience living, working or studying abroad
• Master’s degree required
• Experience with study abroad policy development and knowledge of best practices within the field regarding health, safety and security strongly preferred
• Knowledge of a second language is preferred
For more information on the position details visit the following HR link: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/53652
The Frank J. Guarini Institute for International Education
Dartmouth College, 44 N. College St., Suite 6102, Hanover, NH 03755 USA
Tel: (603) 646-1202
Mon-Fri, 9-12 and 1-4