The German Center for Research and Innovation New York (DWIH) is seeking a full-time Program Manager.
Anticipated Starting Date: October 1, 2019.
The initial contract will be issued for one year and will be renewed annually. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Program Manager will work closely together with the Executive Director of the DWIH and will be responsible for communications and outreach strategy, growing and maintaining the DWIH’s extensive network, and developing and managing events in accordance with DWIH’s primary goals which include:
- Presenting Germany to the North American market as a land of research and innovation
- Enhancing the dialogue between academia and industry in Germany and North America
- Creating a forum for the initiation and enhancement of transatlantic research projects
- Providing an information platform for the German research and innovation landscape
- Excellent knowledge of science and research institutions in Germany and in the US/Canada
- Master’s degree, PhD preferred
- Leadership skills and experience in managing a small team, events and budgets
- Outstanding communications skills in dealing with diverse groups
- Creativity, flexibility, willingness to travel and occasional work during evenings
- Experience with public speaking
- Ability to think strategically
- Fluency in English and German, including strong writing skills in both languages
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder (We cannot sponsor a visa.)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline of August 16, 2019. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Program Manager DWIH” to Ms. Solveig Berkman at email@example.com
About the DWIH
Under leadership of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), DWIH receives its funding from the German Auswärtiges Amt (German Federal Foreign Office). DWIH New York is one of five German Houses of Science and Innovation (DWIHs) worldwide and is part of the German government’s Strategy for the Internationalization of Science and Research.