The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. in New York City (GACC New York/AHK USA-New York) is looking for a highly motivated full-time, bilingual (German/English) Project Manager to support our Business Development Consulting Team in New York City.
For 70 years, the GACC New York, together with its chapters in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, represents the interests of German industry and trade in the Northeastern United States.
The overall mission of the German American Chambers of Commerce is to foster the development of bilateral economic relations between the Federal Republic of Germany and the US. We do this by promoting the economic and business interests of growing international companies. Our mission is to develop German-American business opportunities by organizing and supporting discussions, interactions, and exchanges of ideas, as well as providing specialized services, tailored to our clients’ needs.
The German American Chambers of Commerce in Atlanta, Chicago, New York and San Francisco work together under the umbrella AHK USA. With more than 2,500 member companies and an extensive national and international business network, the AHK USA offers a broad spectrum of activities and services.
We are passionate about strengthening international business relationships. As a member of our team, you will be supporting a vital link in the transatlantic economy.
We are seeking a full-time, bilingual (German/English) Project Manager with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Consulting for German companies regarding their US market entry or expansion by conducting desktop/internet research and writing reports in German (various industries, e.g. energy efficiency/renewable energy, food/beverage and others)
· Matchmaking between German and American companies by phone and email
· Support for government sponsored programs incl. market studies, delegations and conferences
· Coordination with key governmental partners in Germany (DIHK, Federal Ministries, Associations etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1-3 years of relevant work experience
· Fluent German and English language skills, excellent written and verbal skills in both languages
· Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently
· Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability a requirement
· Ability to work independently while integrating well with the team
· Deep understanding of business concepts, sales strategies and experience in conducting market analysis
· Cold-calling experience a plus
· Strong research and communication skills
· Eagerness to engage with clients to support their needs
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
· Experience with both German and American business environments strongly desired
Please note that in compliance with federal law, the person to be hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education and Experience
Graduate (BA) of Business Administration, International Business, Business Law or related fields. Masters degree is an advantage.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Type of employment: Full-time
Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Matching, 19 days paid vacation
Location: New York, NY
How to apply:
Please e-mail resume and cover letter including salary requirements for this full-time position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your name/Project Manager NY” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.