Pace University is offering a special IELTS Prep Course this Fall!
Tuesday, September 24, 2019 onwards for 10 weeks until December 3, 2019
The IELTS Preparation course covers each section of the exam (Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading) in detail so that students are familiar with the procedures, timing, tasks and scoring.
In this course students will:
- Employ strategies and recognize vocabulary to navigate each portion of the exam
- Recognize question types to identify the best strategy to answer them
- Apply sophisticated guessing techniques when necessary to Reading and Listening questions
- Produce writings with appropriate format and depth of content for both writing tasks
- Navigate the three parts of the interview portion by gaining familiarity with each task
- Pace themselves with timing techniques for standardized examinations
Tuition: Five hundred and forty US Dollars ($540.00) for Ten Weeks of Instruction (4 Hours a Week)
There are only 12 Seats Available for the prep course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you are interested in signing up.
Why take the IELTS exam?
The IELTS exam is a globally recognized English language exam that is used for a multitude of reasons for example, universities admissions, living in a foreign country and career advancement. Over 10,000 organizations in more than 140 countries accept IELTS scores as an accurate measure of a candidates’ English proficiency. The IELTS test covers both American and British English so no matter what environment a test taker is seeking, they are prepared. The IELTS test assesses candidates on listening, speaking, reading and writing under strict test conditions. There are two types of exams: Academic and General.
IELTS Academic measures whether your level of English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. It reflects aspects of academic language and evaluates whether you’re ready to begin training or studying.
Take this test if you want to:
- study at an undergraduate level or postgraduate level anywhere in the world
- work in an English-speaking country for a professional organization.
IELTS General Training
IELTS General Training measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.
Take this test if you would like to:
- study or train below degree level
- work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country
- emigrate to an English-speaking country
- get another job in your own country.
Why should Fresenius students take the IELTS preparation course and exam?
The preparation course offers tips and strategies for improving the IELTS score in each skill area. Students practice each section of the exam and receive personalized feedback from their instructor. A certificate of completion is provided at the end of the course.
After taking the official exam, candidates receive an official score report that can be added to their portfolio of certificates and used at a job interview to prove their level of English language proficiency.
Where can I take the exam?
The exam is offered worldwide. While in NYC and studying at Pace University, students can take the exam one weekend at Pace. Registration is required.
When can I take the exam?
This fall the General test is offered on the following dates.
How much can I register and pay for the exam?
Registration and Payment for IELTS Test:
If you want to register for an IELTS test please click on this link:
* email a copy of your passport and the payment receipt to IELTS.NewYork@ilsc.com
* mention name and test date in Subject.
PAYMENT AND PASSPORT PAGE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION!
If you have already registered and want to pay for IELTS test please click on this link: https://secure.ilsc.com/forms/payment/ielts
The fee is $255 (including a 10$ processing fee).
How and when can I see my test results?
IELTS Test Report Forms (TRFs) will be issued 13 days after you take the test and will be sent to you by U.S. Mail. It may take additional 8 to 15 business days to receive your physical results after they has been initially sent out.
To preview your results online:
- Go to http://results.ielts.org
- Enter the following details exactly as they appeared on your registration on the day:
- Given / other name(s), Family name, Passport / ID Number and Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year)
- Click on the drop-down menu to choose your Test Date (Day/Month/Year)
- Click “Search”
* The preview of your IELTS test results is usually available 13 calendar days after you take the test will remain available for 28 days. The preview of your IELTS result cannot be used as official confirmation of your test result.