The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (GACC) in New York promotes bilateral business relations between the United States and Germany. It is one of the most innovative providers of services for German American trade. More than 60 years of experience and our network of international contacts form the basis of our work and success in the U.S. and Germany.
In our function as German American Chamber of Commerce, we offer both active recruitment support and online postings of job advertisements. We provide professional personnel consulting for companies located in the U.S. in need of qualified, bilingual employees. We coordinate search and pre-selection processes for the most suitable professionals and executives and will support companies throughout the entire selection process.
The GACC New York is also an official sponsor of the J-1 visa and is glad to assist international candidates who wish to come to the U.S. to do an internship or traineeship.
The Careers and Education team is currently looking for an intern starting 2nd of December 2019.
- Answering general recruitment inquiries
- Supporting Recruitment Manager with projects, including application checking, scheduling appointments, telephone interviews, and preparing reports
- Updating our database with qualified candidates seeking job opportunities in the U.S.
- Charging credit cards and following up in case of payment failure
J-1 visa services
- Evaluation management and follow-up
- Maintaining CRM database: uploading evaluations and Check-in documents; updating candidate and company files
- Performing Site Visits to new Host Companies
- Handling J-1 visa cases if necessary
- Editing Training Plans for clients
- Generally supporting the Careers and Education department
- Administrative tasks such as preparing FedEx and writing invoices
- Studies in Business, HR or similar
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Proficient German language and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize
- Open-minded and team-oriented personality with the ability to work independently and creatively
- Flexibility and adaptability with strong comprehension skills to efficiently tackle tasks
Costs for the candidate:
- Health insurance, flight, living costs in New York, for the J-1 visa: SEVIS fee and US Consulate fee
- December 2nd, 2019
7 months until June 30th, 2020