DAAD regional office in New York is offering an internship in network administration. We are seeking Information Technology majors who are nearing the end of their studies or IT-graduate students. The internship will take place in New York City in a Windows environment of approximately 30 users.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT student to gain hands-on experience in network administration in an international setting. Working directly with our information officer, the IT intern will be involved in IT-related projects and will assist our team with IT issues. These range from infrastructure maintenance (network/server administration) to occasional troubleshooting and help desk tasks.
- Knowledge of network administration functions, including servers and mail servers
- Familiarity with various Microsoft products, including operating systems (Win XP, Win 7, Win Server)
- Good aptitude with user applications, especially internet browsers, MS Office Suite (2010, 2013), Adobe
- Experience with security products, data storage and backup, VPN
- Some background in working with hardware and peripherals is helpful
- Strong problem solving skills, good at prioritizing
- Ability to work well with others
- Fluent in English (German language skills a plus, but not required)
- A supportive work environment in our office located in the German Consulate in New York
- Help with applying for J-1 visa and finding housing in New York (if necessary)
- Monthly stipend
The starting date is flexible but we require a 6-month minimum commitment.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Solveig Berkman email@example.com.