- Advising students about studying in Germany via phone, in-person and at occasional events and conferences
- Producing and generating content for weekly electronic English-language newsletter
- Writing and distributing occasional press releases
- Supporting Marketing Director in producing annual marketing contest and other English-language informational publications
- Keeping content up-to-date and editing of DAAD New York English-language website
- Working closely together with our IT services as well as phone services providers to maintain our computer and phone network in terms of functionality, software updates and security. Prior computer network experience is a plus.
Additional administrative and/or organizational responsibilities will be determined during the selection process in accordance with the applicant’s background, strengths and interests.
- Fluent in German and English (native English speaker preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Self-motivated, organized and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding communications skills (oral, written, interpersonal)
- Computer savvy and interested in technology
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress
- Experience in higher education in Germany (such as study abroad experience)
- U.S. citizen or green card holder (we cannot sponsor a visa)
Salary range: USD 58K-68K, plus health and retirement benefits. Paid vacation and sick leave. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Information Officer DAAD” to: Ms. Solveig Berkman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are trying to fill the position as soon as possible. Anticipated starting date: November 1, 2019. If you are interested, please apply right away.
About DAAD: As the German national agency for international cooperation in higher education, DAAD serves to promote international academic relations especially through funding the exchange of students and faculty between Germany and other countries. Supporting almost 170.000 individuals a year with competitive grants, DAAD is the largest such organization in the world. As one of 15 regional offices around the world, DAAD New York is responsible for the US and Canada and works in close collaboration with DAAD headquarters in Bonn and the DAAD Information Centers in Toronto and San Francisco to promote study and research in Germany.