- Click here for a map of nicer restaurants for special occassions
We recommend you consider neighborhoods because it is efficient while here to clump together interesting sites / restaurants / things you-would-like-to-do in one area together. This will optimize your travel time and your experience in the city!
- Upper West Side
- Upper East Side
- Midtown West including Hell’s Kitchen and Columbus Circle
- Midtown East including Murray Hill
- West Village
- Staten Island
- One-Day Itinerary in Manhattan
- Site-Seeing by Month / Season and Neighborhoods
- Top Attractions in New York City
Travel in New York City
It’s good to plan in advance which New York City Subway MetroCard to buy because stations are crowded and deciding which card is best on the spot can be a bit hectic. If you have a smartphone, you can download a free app which will make your day in NYC much more smooth. Read our post on which NYC subway app is best. Anytime you are riding the subway be on the look-out for great musicians, buskers, and performers. Free Tours by Foot’s post about Where to find New York City Street Performers and Subway Music will lead you right to them!